1. Form DHA-32 to be completed and signed by either both parents or legal guardians for each party under the age of 18.
  2. If the Bride is younger than 15 and/or the Bridegroom is younger than18, permission to the marriage is needed from The Commissioner of Child Welfare.
  3. If any party is divorced a copy of the final decree of divorce is required
  4. If any divorced party is not a South African Citizen, your copy of Final Divorce Decree needs to be Authenticated and not just Certified, at the South African Mission or Embassy in your Country of Origen. See attached Letter from SA Home Affairs.
  5. If any party is a widower or widow a copy of the death certificate is required.
  6. If any party is not a South African Citizen, a copy of your Passport’s page of your photo + the page with your residence permit / visa and a Form Bl 31 is required.  Download and print from:
  7. Two witnesses, one for each of the couple to sign the register. Must be 18 or older. I need a copy of their ID documents. If your witnesses are Non SA Citizens we need copies of their passports.

In ALL correspondence please include the couple’s names, date and time of your planned wedding